Wednesday 23 March 2011

Aberdeen Youngster Set for Move



Aberdeen defender Myles Anderson has signed a pre-contract agreement with Blackburn Rovers.

He will move to the Premiership club on a free transfer on July 1.

He had previously been on trial at Blackburn at the beginning of the season.

The 20-year-old player is the son of football agent Jerome Anderson, whose company assisted new Blackburn owners Venky’s in the recent takeover of the club. His company also represent Blackburn manager Steve Kean.

Young Anderson, capable of playing at left back or centre back, began his career at Leyton Orient. He joined Aberdeen in January. He had previously trained at Motherwell, while Dons manager Craig Brown was in charge of the Fir Park club.

At the time, he said: “I am delighted and very proud to be here.

“I had a number of opportunities to sign for different clubs at home and abroad. But, after spending some time at Motherwell with Craig and Archie, I knew I wanted to work with them.

“I was honoured they were so keen to bring me to Aberdeen.

“I have a huge respect for them and they are the right people to take my career forward.”

Despite his high hopes, the player has only played one game for the Dons. He came on as a substitute for the final two minutes of Aberdeen’s 5-0 win over Kilmarnock on February 19.

AFC Press Officer David Macdermid said: “In terms of pre-contract agreements, we’re in no position to hold back a move, since he was out of contact in the summer.

Obviously the club are delighted for the lad.”

No comments:

Post a Comment